Internship Provider Profiles
BYU Magazine Internship
Brittany Rogers email@example.com 801-422-6597
At the beginning of new semesters; interns are preferred to stay for two semesters
BYU Magazine—BYU’s quarterly publication for alumni, students, and friends of the university—offers paid editorial internships for students who are creative, teachable, hard working, dependable, and committed to working as professional, entry-level journalists. Interns at BYU Magazine get published, work in a professional atmosphere, and learn what it takes to produce a quality magazine from start to finish.
- $12 per hour
- 20 hours per week, flexible schedule
- Internship credit available
- Write news articles and profiles
- Conduct interviews
- Cover campus events
- Edit and proofread text
- Contribute story ideas
- Fact check and do other research
- Coordinate photography and gather art
- Solid writing skills
- Basic knowledge of news writing/reporting
- Substantive editing skills—deeper than proofreading/copyediting
- Familiarity with Chicago and AP styles
- BYU student status for the duration of the internship
- Bring a cover letter, résumé, and three writing samples to Publications & Graphics, 218
- UPB (north of Harman Building; use east entrance)
- Application deadline: Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011; noon
- Finalists will be called back for interviews and writing and editing tests
Internet Safety Project Internship
The Internet Safety Project is a non-profit effort to educate parents, teachers, and kids about the benefits and risks of technology. Interns will work on the Internet Safety Wiki, currently the largest and most popular wiki on the topic of Internet Safety on the Web.
The Internet Safety Project seeks writers and editors to research, write, and edit articles covering topics related to Internet safety and emerging social media. Students can work anywhere or anytime! We will work with students one on one to develop their writing and editing skills. We will also provide direction for specific writing and editing projects. Those interested in the internship can email Amelia at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are starting interviews right away!
Our Website: www.internetsafetyproject.org
Follow us on Twitter: @inetsafety
Jake J. Lee
April 25, 2011-August 12, 2011
We are a law firm looking for an intern to help with our web content, blogging, and general print publication endeavors.
- Help create and manage the content on the company's website and blog sites.
- Compose one 300 word article of tight and engaging prose per day
- Edit and write articles for the firm’s newsletter
- Edit and write content for firm brochures and informational materials
- Other writing duties as assigned.
- Junior or senior English, Humanities, or Communications Dept. student
- Completed introductory coursework
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- At least one reference
- Fast learner
Submit all of the following by April 3, 2011 at midnight to email@example.com with the
Subject: Writing Internship Application.
- Cover letter
- List of completed relevant coursework (English, writing, research, marketing)
- Writing Sample (no more than 4 typed double spaced pages or 1.5 single spaced pages)
NOTE: Please give a detailed description in your cover letter as to why you are interested in this job and why you think you are the only person we should consider for the position. This internship includes a $500 stipend paid at the end of the internship. Dates and times are flexible. A decision will be reached and you will be notified by April 11, 2011. The internship will begin on April 25, 2011 and end on August 12, 2011.
Writing, Marketing, and Research Internship
Five Star Franchising is an international franchising company based in Springville, Utah, that works to expand other companies and their franchises, such as SubZero Ice Cream, Five-Star Holiday Decor, Laptop Depot, and others. Interns will work on-site while gaining valuable work experience in business writing, marketing, PR and social media, and professional communications. Interns will also have the opportunity to get their work published for a professional company and to work with a variety of exciting, rapidlyexpanding brands.
- Part time intern—20 hrs/week for 3 months; flexible hours, $500 stipend
- Excellent creative and business writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills—can communicate charismatically and effectively.
Position open immediately and will remain open until filled. Interested applicants should email their resumes and best writing sample(s) email address listed above.