Professor Jim Barnes, Distinguished Professor of Creative Writing and English, has made a generous contribution to the BYU English Department to establish the Carolyn Barnes Poetry Award as a memorial to his late and beloved wife, Carolyn. Applicants must be either English majors in their senior undergraduate year or in the first year of the graduate program.
Applicants must be officially registered as full-time BYU students (12 credit hours) at the time of application. If a recipient changes his or her major, he or she forfeits the award.
- Only one entry per contestant. Up to three poems may be submitted per entry, totalling 100 lines, maximum.
- Winner may be notified via telephone and email. All others will receive email notification only.
- Names must not appear on any manuscripts submitted.
- Winner will be required to submit a W-9 form before monetary award is issued.
- One winner will receive $75 award.
October 1 to January 31
Link for submitting entries